Thursday, September 23, 2010

Marriage retreat!


Yay!!!! I am so EXCITED!  I don't think many people would think a marriage retreat could be FUN. In my case I am very excited to go because my husbands work pays for us to attend this retreat. OK before we move on...let me just say that this is not mandatory for us to attend, but it is voluntary. So with that said...here we go. When I say pay for...I mean they pay for lodging at The Great Wolf Lodge, we attend a couple sessions of a marriage seminar, and for those of us with children they provide free child care, they provide meals between marriage sessions, they pay for the seminar, they give us time as a family to spend together to explore what the town has to offer AND on the second day of the retreat after the sessions are over, they give the couples 4 hours of FREE child care so that we can go out on a DATE!! As far as dates go for my husband and I, well lets just say that we Never go out on dates. Yea we will go out as a family but never just the 2 of us. So this is a real treat for us.
I'm not sure what many people would think when they hear "Marriage retreat". But the 1st time I went to a marriage retreat, someone close to me said, "I didn't know you guys were having problems in your marriage." Now to me this was a surprise. I never thought about a retreat meaning that you had problems. So let me just say that just because you decide to attend any kinda of marriage seminar or retreat does not mean u have to have PROBLEMS. We go because it is a way for us to IMPROVE our relationship. Now I'm not saying were perfect, because I don't think any relationship is perfect. And if you say your relationship is PERFECT, then you are LYING! I believe that every relationship has disagreements and both people will not always see eye 2 eye on every thing. So anyway I believe there is ALWAYS room for improvement, whether its in your marriage or yourself.
Another reason we go is of course because of the obvious, It's FREE!!!! This is definitely an opportunity for us to enjoy a place we would not normally visit.
So, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a marriage seminar by Mark Gungor, DO IT, GO! You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment