Friday, August 3, 2012

Corn Lime Salsa

Fresh Friday!
What a great way to start my weekend, I made a fresh (minus the corn from a can) corn lime salsa. This is my first time making it so I hope it tastes good. Now I normally wouldn't blog about a recipe I have not tried yet. Technically I have tried it...a friend of mine made it for a girls night she hosted and her salsa was very delicious. I usually taste test my food on the spot but I don't have any tortilla chips. So I will let my salsa chill and let the flavors marinate until I get some tortilla chips. It does smell very tasty. lol Hopefully this recipe will find its way into your kitchen and you will let me know how you like it. 



Corn Lime Salsa 
 
 . 4 cups ( 30 oz) cooked sweet yellow corn
. 2 diced tomatoes
. 1/2 red onion 
. 1 scallion, diced
. 2 jalapenos, diced and deveined 
. chopped cilantro(add to your liking)
. 2 limes, juice of
. chipotle chili powder, to taste
. salt and fresh pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients and chill for at least one hour.                                                                                                                                         

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. MMM, The colors look pretty! Looks YUMMY! Need to try!

    ReplyDelete